Happy Diwali to everyone except the honest and upright people. Know this; you honest guys are the root cause of income inequality in the world. By not redistributing income (scamming and defrauding people), you guys are making income inequality worse. If you people were indeed honest, you’d be robbing rich people and solving income inequality.
This is a grand festive season, so you have two choices: you can eat heavily and build a diversified portfolio of unhealthy carbs and fat or redistribute income (scam people). Festivals are a goldmine of income redistribution opportunities. Here are a few ideas:
- Steal crackers and diyas from your neighbors and leave a ransom note and a QR codSteal crackers and diyas from your neighbours and leave a ransom note and a QR code of your UPI handle demanding ransom. Once they pay you, drop the crackers and diyas at a mutually agreed location
- Pay a bunch of bulky people to start bursting crackers right beside someone’s house. Ask the people in the house for money to make the problem go away
- Dress as fake cops and fine people saying that you got noise complaints
- Light some crackers and throw them at two neighbouring houses and cause a fight between them. As they are arguing steal some TVs, mobiles, fridges etc and sell them back for 50% the price
- Offer to follow and slap someone whenever they feel like binge eating in return for money. Once you’re in a house, steal whatever you can and hide them in a neihnors’s house and cause a fight between them. Steal stuff from the other neighbour’s house while they fight – Sun Tzu style
Since all you guys will be enjoying the festivities with your loved ones, and trying very hard not to kill your relatives with atom bombs, no income redistribution opportunities this week. I’ll let you enjoy this week.
This has been one dreadful fucking year. Given the long weekend, spend some time scamming your loved ones. Sorry, I meant spend some time enjoying with your loved ones.
Few things you won’t read and listen
Investing, markets, and finance
- Is sitting and reading all day long the secret to being a “good investor”?
- Let the Market Worry For You
- Much of our investment beliefs (indeed, our lives) are based on thinking things that turn out to be either unproven or outright false
- Dave Ramsey, corporate media, and how we talk about financial distress
- The ability to disagree with others respectfully is an investing superpower
- Sequoia Productive Capital
- Advisor Fees Are ‘Last Bastion of Gluttony’ in Investment Industry
- The goodness business: how woke capitalism turned virtue into profit
- The Intrinsic Futility of ES(G) Investing
- Early Civilizations Had It All Figured Out
- Ten Forecasts for the Next Decade – Part 1 and Part 2
- China’s tech and finance crackdown is a challenge to western ideas that cuts across developing world
- How Corruption Ruined Lebanon
Techmology & crypto
- The MetaVerse: Brave New World or Capitalist Hellscape?
- Big Tech is replacing human artists with AI
- Combinatorial innovation and technological progress in the very long run
- Enough is Enough: The Criminal Case Against Mark Zuckerberg
- Facebook has stumbled. But let’s not forget the real good it has done across the world.
- DAOs: Absorbing the Internet
- Coinbase thesis by Hayden Capital
- The Attention Span. “Racehorses and Psychopaths.”
- The great Covid social burnout: why are we so exhausted?